Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Office 2010 Outlook

• Please log in to reply

ridethewave

ridethewave

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Hi,

I'm having problems MS Outlook receiving mail.  I am running MS Office 2010 on windows 7 and started having the problem when MS Hotmail changed to Outlook.com.  Do I need MS Exchange Server and MS Outlook Connector to make MS Outlook 2010 to work?

Thanks

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

No, Microsoft Outlook 2010 does not need "MS Exchange Server" and/or "MS Outlook Connector" in order to work.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Thank you.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

No problem. :)

paulhogan

paulhogan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Is it working fine now ?

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Not really.  The only way I could make it work was to connect via POP.  For some reason, I can not retrieve my contacts and calendar data back into MS Outlook.  Other than that, it works just fine.

paulhogan

paulhogan

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hi Ride,

As I understood that you're not able to retrieve your contacts and calendars in your Outlook, this may be due to following reasons: if they are auto archived into archive folder or if they are deleted permanently from Outlook mistakenly. To see them back into Outlook, you need to recover them.

To recover the archived PST file, you need to use "import/export" feature to copy them back into Outlook from the archive folder location.

Open Outlook >> click on File >> click on Open & Export >> click on Import/Export >> click on Import from another program or file >> click on Next >> click Personal File Folder (.pst) >> click on Next.

To recover permanently deleted PST items, you need to use any third party utility.

ridethewave

ridethewave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I've tried that and it did not work.  I've save my contacts and calendar to thumb drives and external backup drives just to play it safe.  I think it might have something to do with using POP instead of MS Exchange.

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

I need brief and broad details about Ms office outlook. What is it?

Not to be a jerk, but you're hijacking someone else's thread. And furthermore, Google is such a wonderful tool to answer questions like "what is it"

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Thanks, LongJohnSilver,

(and also for your spam report)

:thumbsup:

Smith Joyces has been banned and posts deleted.

Regards

paws

LongJohnSilver

LongJohnSilver

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hi paws, 

Absolutely. I do what I can. 

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator