Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot Print to Adobe PDF printer

• Please log in to reply

TerminallyOdd

TerminallyOdd

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just upgraded from Acrobat 5 to Acrobat 7.0 Standard on a Windows 2000 SP4 system, and I can't print to the Adobe PDF printer. The macro buttons in Word and IE work fine, but if I select the Adobe PDF as a printer, I get a message saying:

"There was an error found when printing the document "Microsoft Word - test.doc" to My Documents\*.pdf. Do you want to retry or cancel the job?"

Printing to a test page front the printer properties works fine.

I've tried changing ports, uninstalling, reinstalling, making sure acrotray.exe and acrodist.exe were running, changing permissions, being logged in as administrator, everything I could think of, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can try PDF ReDirect to see if you get the same thing

http://www.exp-systems.com/

The Green one is free

TerminallyOdd

TerminallyOdd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, we paid money for this product, so we're kind of hoping to get it working.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It was more to determine if Word or Adobe was at fault