Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No bootable device

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

menorok

menorok

• Pip
  • 1 posts
By laptop acer went on amnesia mode. Out of blue. I get no bootable device error and i cant do nothing. I tried evey option is online. Tried by a computer shop if the HDD is broke but Works 100%. Took out and put back the HDD. No change. Restore dafault F9 in bios. Nothing. Any help?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   menorok,

Tried by a computer shop if the HDD is broke but Works 100%. Took out and put back the HDD. No change. 

Just so that we have this right (or not) do you mean that you removed the HDD from the computer then took just the HDD to the store and it checked out as being in working order, if yes, the problem could be one of the following (in no particular order btw) 1: The boot sequence in the BIOS is incorrect. 2: A poor connection being made between the HDD and MB. 3: Bad BIOS chip or CMOS battery, the answers to the following two questions may shed some light on this;

Is the HDD detected in the BIOS, see example attachment which shows a Western Digital Caviar on SATA port 2 and a Seagate drive on SATA port 5, is your HDD identified in such a way.

Are the time and date shown to be correct in the BIOS.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you menorok, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

RyanColin

RyanColin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

If your Windows 10 was installed in UEFI mode and your BIOS is changed to run in legacy mode later, your Windows partition will not be recognized during boot. Change the boot mode in your computer's BIOS setup and it should work:

http://www.top-passw...d-of-uefi-mode/

I hope this will help!