Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer keeps freezing and restarting

• Please log in to reply

KnowNothingOnComps

KnowNothingOnComps

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm really sorry if this is in the wrong section.

My computer will often freeze and restart itself. I am not smart when it comes to computers, so I am not sure what is going on or how to fix it. I would love any solutions. 

My computer specifications are:
Brand - Pyron (Pry-A10-6800)
Hardware Configuration:
AMD Quad Core A10 6800K 4.1GHz (Richland)
8GB DDR3 Memory
2TB (SATA & 7200 RPM) Hard Disk Drive
DVD Rewriter
NVidia GeForce GT630-2GB PCI-E Graphics
Media Card Reader
802.11b/g/n Wifi Card
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 BIT Edition

I am about to upgrade to windows 10 and see if that helps. 

It seems to freeze mostly when I am playing music, watching videos such as youtube, or using video editing programs. However it does it other times as well but mostly during those times. 

Please help. Thanks

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    KnowNothingOnComps,

What you describe are common symptoms of overheating and a bad/under powered PSU, the latter also contributes when it comes to overheating as a poor quality PSU generates more heat as it struggles to provide the power that your hardware needs.

Before I suggest some testing for you to do can you post back and let us know the actual brand of the GT 630 video card and if the PSU in the attachment below is the same as yours.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.