Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

unresponsive/beeping sound with mouse

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

JoshFreemanLongo

JoshFreemanLongo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

So, all my friends have no idea whats going on. about 2 days ago my computer randomly froze and then i tried to move my mouse and it started beeping and lagging on my screen. The sound comes from my speakers so I dont think it has to do with my motherboard. I've tried running scanners for viruses and no threats. Ive tried to see if it has to do with the c drive said there was something wrong with it in the scan, fixed the problem, and the problem continues to occur. Oddly enough it only happens if i leave my computer idle for about a hour if im using it it works completely fine. Another off thing to happen is once it does that my keyboard will work fine and ill make my way to the POWER OFF/RESTARTS and it will all go black like its shutting down but the computer never actually shuts down so im stuck with having to do a hard reset.. i would like to know whats going on because hard resets are bad and its getting annoying.  also here are my specs

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz 54 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922) (SOCKET 0) 37 °C
Graphics
2752H (1920x1080@60Hz)
HP w2207 (1680x1050@60Hz)
8192MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (MSI) 42 °C
Storage
232GB Crucial CT250BX100SSD1 (SSD) 32 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-08M2NA0 (SATA) 31 °C
Optical Drives
No optical disk drives detected
Audio
AMD High Definition Audio Device

Edited by JoshFreemanLongo, 03 March 2016 - 10:41 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   JoshFreemanLongo,

Try disabling hibernation to see if that helps;

Open the Win+X menu, and click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin)

In the elevated command prompt, powercfg -h off press Enter and you are done.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.