Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I undo this laptop HD connector (Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 07 March 2016 - 02:14 AM

Hello DomTwan, The purple plastic that you see is intended to be used to gently withdraw the connector backwards once you have released the white locking device by as you say pivoting it upwar... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

DomTwan

DomTwan

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi there,

Sorry for such a simple question. The laptop is not mine and I am treading very carefully with it. (My only experience thus far is building a gaming pc, which went fine).

The HD in this laptop is faulty (HP Notebook, model no:15-ac108na). HP have sent a replacement HD but with no instructions. I found the service manual online, so I am following these instructions.

I am unsure how to disconnect the cable shown in the picture. The  white part pivots upwards. Can anyone shed any light on this??

Many thanks for any help you can give.

fPH4B4B.jpg

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello DomTwan,

The purple plastic that you see is intended to be used to gently withdraw the connector backwards once you have released the white locking device by as you say pivoting it upwards, reassembly is a reverse of the procedure, just be sure that the data ribbon is fully home (don`t push it so hard that it creases) and once the ribbon is in place push down on the white locking tab.

Hope this answers your question, let us know either way please.

DomTwan

DomTwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Thanks Phill.

I suspected as much, thank you for confirming this, your advice gave me the confidence to proceed. New HD is now fitted and awaiting OS install.

Hail to the geeks!!!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

You are most welcome Dom  :) glad we could help, thank you for the follow up and a job well done on your behalf  :thumbsup: