Please how can I get rid of this trouble? I've tried to read some articles referring to this problem and I can't find some normal solution, actually is maybe possible to save 5 photos from rest 4GB. PC and SD card stays infected even after using antivirus or programs like malwarebytes, jpg format of photos is changed too much so there's no way just to pay them for the key?
Posted 12 March 2016 - 11:59 PM
Welcome to . My name is Jr0x and I'll be helping you with your problem.
Please Note: I am still in training and my fixes have to be approved by my instructor so there may be a slight delay in my replies. Look upon it as a good thing though in that you have two people looking at your problem.
Before we get started, there are a few things I need you to take note of.
- Please read through the instructions before attempting to follow those procedures. I would recommend printing them out as some of the instructions would requires you to be in safe mode / offline.
- If there is anything you are unclear of, please ask before you start the fix.
- Do not run any scripts / tools on your own, unsupervised usage may cause more harm than good.
- Please stay with me on this thread, do not start another thread in here (Geeks To Go) or any other forum until I've declared you clean and good to go.
- There may be delayed response to you as we may live in different timezone.
- Inform me of anything that happens unexpectedly during the fix at any point of time.
- As much as we like to make this a easy process for you. Malware removal is a complex multi-step process, and things may happen such as data loss or render your machine unbootable. I would recommend that you backup your personal data before we proceed.
- Posts that are not replied to in four (4) days will result in the topic being closed. We have not forgotten you; this is just an effort to keep the boards organized and flowing. To continue on your closed topic, please PM me or any Moderator to have the topic reactivated. If, at any time during our working together, I have not responded to you in 2 days (48 hours), then please PM me.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you.
- As we go along please tell me how the computer is running now. Please be as descriptive as possible e.g. I'm still getting web redirects, I am unable to access the internet etc.
Let's get started.
I regret to have to tell you that you may be the victim of CryptoWall. At this time there is no way to decrypt the files, unless of course you pay the ransom, which is currently between $$500-$1000 USD's (or more) which I would not suggest you do since you would only be encouraging the developers to continue creating ransomware. In my opinion, that would be no different than supporting terrorism against the innocent.
Scan with Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste log back here.
- The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
Posted 17 March 2016 - 12:14 PM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users