Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connection of LED to driver

LED DRIVER

• Please log in to reply

ziadtalge

ziadtalge

• Pip
  • 8 posts

How to connect a Waterproof, I/P: 100~240vAC, O/P: 2~5vDC, 600mA driver to a 3.0vDC,20mA,13800mcd,45° LED?

I am currently working on a project where it is required.

Thanks! 

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

sorry but you haven't given us enough info to actually help.

in general,  you connect the positive leg of the LED to the positive side of the driver and the negative leg to the negative side. depending on the driver and led and everything else involved you may need a resistor in between the driver and the LED

ziadtalge

ziadtalge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Yes the point is about how to connect my 60 LEDS to a single driver in parallel? how is this connection supposed to be implemented?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

still depends on all of the other stuff I said.

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz try using this calculator (or any other LED matrix calculator) to figure out what type of resistors you need

do some research on how LEDs work, Ohm's law, general circuit design, etc..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

also just noticed something. you say it's a 600 mA driver, but 60 x 20 mA LEDs would draw 1200 mA if they're all on. which means your driver isn't big enough to supply enough power.