Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issue with boot up stuck in starting Windows screen.

• Please log in to reply

CRB10

CRB10

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So the first issue is when I updated BIOS, the computer would boot up but then no connection to my monitors. I tried resetting the cmos battery and ram. Didn't work so then I went into safe mode. Disabled my graphics drivers and when I rebooted it went to my desktop and just froze. I manually rebooted went back into safe mode and tried to restore Windows from an earlier date. This is when it got stuck in starting Windows and all my peripherals turn off except my monitor. I then tried to boot from a cd reader plugged in via usb to reinstall Windows but after the Windows is loading file screen it gets stuck in Windows starting screen and the disc reader mouse and keyboard turn off. I don't care about losing my files because I just use this computer for applications and games. All important files are else where. I just need it back up and running ASAP. Whether I can fix the problem or reinstall Windows wiping my files. Any help is much appreciated.

My mother board is a GA-Z97X-UD3H Gigabyte.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    CRB10,

Can I ask why you needed to update the BIOS, were you already having problems.

The computer starting ok in Safe Mode would normally suggest a driver or other software was causing the problem under normal boot conditions, your hardware shutting down suggests otherwise though, your monitor is not powering down because it is not fed by the PSU like your other hardware is.

Can you post the brand and model name or number for the PSU and add on video card if one is used + tell us if you are using a USB type keyboard and if Windows is on a stock HDD or an SSD.