Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LSI RAID migration not showing correct capacity in Windows 10

- - - - -

Best Answer SleepyDude , 13 March 2016 - 05:17 PM

Hi, After adding more space to the Raid volume did you resize the partition on Windows to use the extra space? Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

strikermed

strikermed

• PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I need some help with a mystery.  I have a LSI MegaRAID 9260 8i RAID controller.  I have four 2TB drives in RAID 0 that report correctly in windows.  I also have two 6TB drives in RAID 1.  I expanded the RAID 1 with two more 6TB drives and migrated it to RAID 6.  This should provide me with 10TB of space.

I did the expansion via the MegaRAID Storage manager.  The Storage manager shows 10TB of space and it's all optimzed,

Here are two pictures showing my MegaRAID Storage Manager and the issue on windows 10.

MegaRAID Storage Manager after RAID 6 migration.png

Windows showing half the amount.png

Windows seems to not be reporting properly.  I've restarted the machine several times, and I haven't been able to get it to correctly report the size.  I want to avoid destroying the RAID and rebuilding it if I can to get it to report.  I have plans to expand an additional 4 disks in the future (eventually destroying or migrating the RAID 0 to another RAID Card).

Has anyone seen this before, or does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hi,

After adding more space to the Raid volume did you resize the partition on Windows to use the extra space?

strikermed

strikermed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

I feel so foolish.  This was a very easy fix, and I can't believe I didn't think of this.  I guess when you are working with a new technology, you get caught up in the unfamiliar and forget the simple solutions.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

No problem. I always forget something to :)