Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Managing Favorites in IE 11

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

I recently quit Firefox and opened IE. But forgot the ins and outs of managing Favorites. Is there a URL that explains the procedures for organizing them?  Thanks. ... wdc

Advertisements

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Hi,

You can click the star icon in the top-right of the IE window to open the favorites manager. You can click the "Add to favorites" to add the current site to your favorites menu.

When you add a site to your favorites, you can create a new folder, and then create the favorite in that folder for better organization.

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Thanks. How do I <move> favorites, from one folder to another? Can I sort them alphabetically?

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

If click the dropbow arrow next to the "Add to favorites" button, and click the entry "Organize favorites", you can select favorited sites and move them to different folders, delete them, rename them, and create a few folder for favorites.

To sort them alphabetically, right-click the entries in the favorites window and click "Sort by name".