Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Improve Windows 7 PC performance with Canon's Digital Photo Profes

• Please log in to reply

wayneman50

wayneman50

• PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4 is running very slowly on my PC. My PC just meets the minimum requirements for RAM - 4 GB. I had a topic on geeks where the "geek" explained how to use CCleaner and analyzed my startup programs. I had been referencing that topic about every year. Now when I click on My Content, it only goes back to 2015. Is there a way to get to my older topics? I thought if there were programs running on startup that I didn't need, I might be able to improve performance.

Thanks.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Might try this guide out. :)

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I will take a look and get back to you.

Regarding my other question, is there a way to view old topics of mine?

Thanks.

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Not sure I agree with that site's recommendation to remove everything from startup except anti-virus.I have attached the findings from CCleaner. For one, I want Autorun Eater. The last "geek" analyzed every program for me and whether I would want it on startup or not. If I could get to that post, that would help.  Unless you can give me the scoop on the programs I have running at startup now. Thanks.

Attached Files

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Avast is warning me about Privazer

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Your startups look fine, and Privazer is safe to run. :)

wayneman50

wayneman50

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

I can't find any help on KCleaner. I don't see anything on their website nor in the software. I don't want to just click a button and see what happens, especially when it states "Use with care." Do you know where the help is?

Thanks.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Skip the use of Kcleaner, that is just a secondary option, but I can tell you it is safe to use.  :)