Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

is the windows stronger and better alone in programs and games?

linux windows softwares games

• Please log in to reply

kifirefox

kifirefox

• Pip
  • 2 posts

is personnel only a personal subject, but Windows his fort is programs and games? I don't want programs substitutes in the linux, because many of them are not same to the original program of the windows.

and in games it is also the same thing. the linux has action game, but it is not the same action game that the windows has.

the linux has programs and games legal, good, but it doesn't get to be as good as the windows.

but the linux is good in other things definitively, in some other things the linux is better than the windows.

Edited by kifirefox, 20 March 2016 - 06:49 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Programs must be written to run on a specific Operating System.

Programs written to run on Windows will not run on Linux.

Programs written to run on Linux will not run on Windows.

Programs written to run on OSX will not run on Windows or Linux.

etc., etc., etc. ...

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

More and more programs are being written cross-platform. Steam even has a distro dedicated to games. I'm happy to see Linux support is increasing

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

That's true. But still, a program designed to run specifically on one Operating System will not run on a different Operating System without some sort of modification to the program or the Operating System.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

True, they must be compiled for the target operating system. 

To me, Windows has always been about games. If I want security and stability, I use Linux. But that's just me.