Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Low framerate / Poor performance from GTX 690

• Please log in to reply

icikle

icikle

• PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Hi,

was wondering if anyone knew any way to troubleshoot a problem I am having with Ubisoft's The Division and a sudden loss of framerate I am experiencing.

For about 10-15 minutes, the game runs super fine, with steady 59-60 fp (more if i dont cap it), then suddenly a dip occurs to about 30-40 and it never recovers. Sometimes it can go as low as 20 fps with discernible delay in camera rotations and stuttering. I dont know what causes it.

It doesnt happen with other games and scaling the quality from high to low doesnt prevent the problem from occurring, it just makes the game look worse.

My system is:

Intel Core I7 3820 CPU @ 3.60 GHZ (8 CPU) 

16384 MB DDR 3 RAM

NVIDIA GTX 690 (SLI ON ONE BOARD, 2X2GB VRAM)

Ubisoft cant fix this, Ive tried scaling the visual quality, disabling dynam resolution in nvidia control panel, disabling SLI, closing all background apps, removing USB gamepad and setting windows power options to high performance and nothing works.

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions.

a vide of my issue is here 

thank you,

Edited by icikle, 20 March 2016 - 06:40 AM.

Advertisements