Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Drives not showing until refreshing disk mgmt, mmc crashing, hang

• Please log in to reply

hmp3

hmp3

• PipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Hi I am having trouble with usb drivers.

1. Whenever I plug a usb 2 drive into my usb 2 ports, I receive 'this device can perform faster...' in system tray. But after plugging my scanner in and out several times it eventually stops showing and runs at full speed.

2. Upon connecting Blackberry 9790 with usb drive to pc, blackberry desktop software launches immediately, but doesn't 'connect' and doesnt show the drives in my computer until I right click on computer > manage > disk management > refresh.

3. USB drives connect and show up in my computer easily. But during data transfers, the dialog window hangs at around 97% and I have to crash it in task manager.

4. MMC.exe also hangs during dialog windows e.g. when searching for driver updates on internet.

I have tried reinstalling blackberry drivers (upgraded firmware on the phone itself too).

I tried uninstalling every usb controller available and then restarting.

Then I navigated to asus website and downloaded usb drivers, but the driver window dialog installs and then shows repeating dots progressing left to right over and over without any activity (next button is greyed out).

BIOS is up to date, there are 2 more upgrades but they're for additional cpu support and system stability.

PC is the same, everything worked fine before fresh installing to win7 from vista.

I don't want to reinstall os again, I just did it this year and getting everything working and installed again took 2 months of nonstop work.

Edited by phickspc, 22 March 2016 - 05:50 AM.

Advertisements