Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus has disconnected my internet connection

• Please log in to reply

geminifilms

geminifilms

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello,
I restarted my computer after a virus had been removed by AVG anti-virus(appears to be a trojan horse called fltmgr.dll located in c/windows/system32/fltmgr.dll) --- After restart a microsoft error message says that "spnsrvnt.exe has eno[bleep]ered a problem and needs to close.) I now cannot connect to the internet at all. My LAN connections are all on and internet is up as I can connect through other computers in the house. HELP PLEASE!?!? In need of connnecting back to internet for work from that computer.
Thank you in advance!

Advertisements

Lobos

Lobos

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi gemini and welcome

Download WinsockFix From Here and uncompress it. Then double-click on the uncompressed file to run it.

Let me know How it turns out

Lobos

Edited by Lobos, 15 June 2005 - 06:25 PM.