Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

install/update BIOS from linux os

• Please log in to reply

reach1

reach1

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

I have been getting errors:

[ 23.059448] [drm:intel_set_cpu_fifo_underrun_reporting [i915]] *ERROR* pipe A underrun
[ 23.069273] [drm:intel_set_cpu_fifo_underrun_reporting [i915]] *ERROR* pipe B underrun
[ 23.069325] [drm:intel_cpu_fifo_underrun_irq_handler [i915]] *ERROR* CPU pipe B FIFO underrun

Plus a few more errors similar to these "PIPE" and "CPU" come up when trying to boot any os from a usb drive. I also noticed a reduction in performance with GPU intensive programs.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I should add pipe errors come up when I have to type in my password to unlock my screen from the screen saver, sometimes I have to reboot, sometimes I don't.

Also it does not open light locker settings so I can't turn the screen saver off.

One other problem I have had for about a year now is I can't shut down my pc unless I hold down the power button, no matter the os. I tried many codes and different os's with no luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most darned thing about this is if I'm watching a video and change the resolution to 144p it gets extremely bad and my CPU usage goes off the charts.

I have determined its not the browsers, not the video player and not the os.

Can someone help me.

Edited by reach1, 27 March 2016 - 03:02 PM.

Advertisements

reach1

reach1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Well, never mind. I managed to flash my bios and that did nothing.

I am so confused about the errors.

Any ideas?

If there is anyway to DL a Windows os could it be easier to fix? or maybe another os?

Maybe a hammer? :smashcomp:

After a little searching I did find this link, were it appears someone managed to fix the issue.

https://www.linuxlit...-fifo-underrun/

Edited by reach1, 27 March 2016 - 03:55 PM.