Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What does this GtoG message mean?

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

In replying to a post I got this message; "The reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly." Can someone please  explain what that means? Thanks.  ...batpark

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Sounds like anti-spam by bots... The system expects you to take a few minutes between posts

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Sorry to barge in here, but I've been getting the same error when trying to reply to Geek Uni threads. Post appears not to upload and when you try again the message appears. My teacher had to remove about 6-7 duplicate posts the other day. Definitely no indication the first post actually uploaded.

**Brian**

**Brian**

Semper Paratus: Always Ready

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

Good Afternoon:

Sounds like what happened is that the System glitched up a few times - It has happened to me when I was a Student Of GeekU, and when it happens, you just have to ask a mod to remove the duplicate postings - This also can be caused as has been stated when the system believes you are posting too fast - You would just have to wait a few moments (There is a Timer that tracks this I believe) between post attempts - If it glitches up and/or you post too fast, you can get this error 

Have a Great Weekend :)

Brian

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Ok all. Thanks. .... Bat park

power88MD

power88MD

• Pip