Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building problems...

• Please log in to reply

sixoburn

sixoburn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey, I recently tried to build my 3rd computer and ran into some problems.
I have gone through the trouble shooting thread, and it hasn't cracked the problem.

Basically, when I press the power button the fans go, the CD rom drives LED's turn on, but it doesnt make the normal booting up sounds and the hard drive doesnt spin. When the system speakers are connected there are no beeps (btw, since it will let you place the connecter on top of the four pins either way, can you place it on backwards?)

Here are the specs.
Rosewill RTV450 450W power supply
MB ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
Gigabyte GV-NX66T126 6600 GT RT Video Card
AMD Athalon 64 3500+ Chip
Western Digital IDE Ultra ATA 100 40 gb hard drive
Im not at home, and cant remember the exact type of RAM I bought, but I plugged in the Mobo type on crucial.com and bought what they recommended.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Advertisements

peteh8

peteh8

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It would appear that you either have a faulty motherboard or a faulty chip/processor.

I presume you have all of the power leads etc connected correctly.
As for the speaker lead positive needs to go to positive

Try a differant chip first

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pete