Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Presario F700 (Unsure if any other letters or numbers are included)

Power issues Presario F700 series windows 7 vista

• Please log in to reply

Sleuthelle

Sleuthelle

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I just recieved a Compaq Presario F700 notebook PC from my father, as it was his beforehand. It works fine when the charger is plugged in, but when I remove it the whole system shuts off automatically and refuses to turn back on (unless plugged back in). To prevent data loss if I am working on something for school or if I need to bring it somewhere unplugged, what can I do to fix this?

Advertisements

KaoticEvil

KaoticEvil

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Sounds like it simply needs a new battery. Check a reputable retailer, like Amazon, NewEgg, or Batteries Plus. As for the rest of the model number, there should be a sticker or label on the bottom that has the complete model number on it.

Just search for "Compaq <model number> battery" and look at the pictures. Find one that has decent reviews and looks like the one in your laptop, and you should be all set.