Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Out of date drivers ?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Using a Dell desktop with W10 ….. I recently got a pop-up message saying that “3 drivers are out of date” and offering to update them for me for $29.97/month. The cited drivers were:

• Intel HD graphics-- Display graphics

• Dell Wireless 1705 802.11b/g/n network adapters

• Realtek Family controller network adapters

I am not aware that my system is having any problems.

Am I wrong in assuming that this is a scam and that I can safely ignore the warning?

Thanks. …. batpark

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi batpark,
I'm sorry to say that there are lots of folks, who for their own (usually mercenary) reasons place pop up ads that are designed to entice the unwary into spending money on often either poor value for money, or useless pieces of software.

So well done on keeping your wallet tightly closed... :thumbsup:

As long as you keep your anti virus product, up to date, your firewall active and Windows updates updated as Win 10 tends to do automatically for most folks, then you are quite right in resisting any of these "tempting offers" that crop up from time to time especially when using the Internet.

Win 10 is a robust operating system and doesn't need these sort of "offers" to make it run properly. and they are best avoided.

Regards

paws

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
Paws: thanks much. ... Batpark

batpark

batpark

Member 1K