Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Slow Performance.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Z.Kiwan

Z.Kiwan

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello Guys.

Thank you for helping me regarding my Problem, i bough a chinese Haeir X3 Pro Laptop when i was in china:

Laptop Specs:

Core i5-4210M 2.6GHZ

Nvidia Optimus GT840

4Gigs of Ram DDR3

The Story:

The laptop came equipped with win7 Chinese version i removed it and installed win7 US version, tested it's performance played DOTA 2 games with MAX settings and 60FPS and everything was going fine until i decided to upgrade to win10, after clean install i installed all the required drivers, and then went to test it's performance in a DOTA 2 game, i put MAX settings as usaully and then tried to play the game ran with 5-10FPS, tried many games all run on very low with sluggish performance, Device Manager Detects GT-840 Nvidia Optimus Signal that the game is runing on high performance GPU, but i think it doesn't.

What i tried:

- Reinstalling Win10

- Reinstalling Drivers.

- Downgraded Intel Drivers as suggested in one of the forums.

The Strange thing which made me wonder more is that, nvidia Geforce Experience Detect that the GPU is 840M but doesn't enable the battery boost feature for the following reason (check pic)

1f8lya.png

Device Manager Picture:

2mer7o3.png

Thank You for the help again!

Advertisements

Z.Kiwan

Z.Kiwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Already tried all the suggestions you mentioned before.