Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing IE

• Please log in to reply

Coca-Cola

Coca-Cola

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Is there a way to completely remove IE? I use Firefox and hate IE and do not want it on my computer. Would there be any harm done to removing IE? Thanks.

Advertisements

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
well what i do is PC Lite
download the trial
accept the agreement thingy
go to windows file protection tab
go to disable and delete Internet explorer :-P
i think if you turn it back on it will stay deleted

heh kinda dangerous doing this.
because all the files that are protect within windows are now unprotected and of course microsoft added ie so nobody could get rid of it easy.
so dont delete anythign besides ie till you reinable file protection

Edited by RogueComGeek, 15 June 2005 - 05:23 PM.

logan312

logan312

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
The BEST thing for you to do about wanting to delete IE is......to get over it.
Trying to have it 'deleted' will just cause system instability. MS made it so it cannot be deleted.
K.I.S.S.
Just do not use the program.

Caine

Caine

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I'd just like to reiterate logans advice of not deleting IE. It's so intrinsically built into windows that you may as well forget about removing it completely. Just remember, that despite having a different browser (in this case Firefox) you still need to keep checking for windowsupdates. It's actually the only thing I use IE for now myself.

chessonly

chessonly

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Trying to have it 'deleted' will just cause system instability. MS made it so it cannot be deleted.

i don't think thats true. -- as i don't hav IE on my system.

u can use nlite to create a wincd that will not contain IE!!. but make sure u check the repurcusions of that. u can either remove IE or both ie and the ie core.