Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Black Screen virus [Solved] [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK

Advertisements

filipfilip

filipfilip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

So since my last post, i've taken the computer into the shop to get its two fans and the power replaced in the hope that it fixed the problem however is has not. 

I noticed that the crashing only started as soon as I upgraded to Windows 10 so I've made the choice to go back to Windows 7 in the hope that it will fix it.

When I click on settings -> Update & Security -> Recovery it should display the option to go back to Windows 7 however there is none there. How can I go about downgrading back to Windows 7 and will that be a valid option.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Download link for windows 7 https://www.microsof...wnload/windows7:)

filipfilip

filipfilip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks! I assume this will not have the black screen with no desktop like before :)) and should I do this with boot USB since I don't have the key

Edited by filipfilip, 15 April 2016 - 12:15 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

If the hardware is good then this should work

Yes use the boot USB

filipfilip

filipfilip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Since I only have my win 10 key available (Which also dosent work) and the Windows 7 dosent feature an available creation tool because you need a key to continue; how can I download it without a key such as I did for Windows 10.

For some reason my system dosent have an official option to roll back to windows 7

Since Windows 8 features the media creation tool to download the ISO maybe that is a possibility but im not sure if the crashing issues will continue on that as they have been on win 10

Edited by filipfilip, 15 April 2016 - 01:19 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Have you used the magic jelly bean tool to locate the key

filipfilip

filipfilip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

I've used it to locate the Windows 10 Pro key yes, however when I go to activate Windows 10 (At the moment it says that their activation service is down) however normally It simply dosen't accept it, just like my previous Windows 7 key didnt work which I have been using for 3+ years prior to this all

Same error always comes up :"We've encountered a problem with the product key you provided."

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
You will need your windows 7 key.. do you have the coa for that

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Advertisements