Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse moves small distances on screen?

• Please log in to reply

SpaceDonkey1stClass

SpaceDonkey1stClass

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen! I am making my first post,

I think my problem with the mouse is something simple, but I am overlooking it.

My mouse began..well...I don't know how to explain it... I have to move my hand and mouse a far ways on my mousepad, for the mouse to do the same on the screen. And I was wondering if there is anyway to change this setting? I feel like I shouldn't have to move my hand clearly across the mousepad for the pointer to move on screen. 

I have Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

My mouse is E-Blue Mazer II, model EMS601BKAA-NF

Does anyone understand what I'm talking about?? 

Thank you

:thumbsup: 

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

http://windows.micro...s#1TC=windows-7

1. Open Mouse Properties by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click Mouse.

2. Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following:

• To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, under Motion, move the Select a pointer speed slider toward Slow or Fast.

:popcorn:

SpaceDonkey1stClass

SpaceDonkey1stClass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I tried these settings a few weeks ago, it didn't change what I am having a problem with. Perhaps I'm just some one of a kind weirdo who has this issue.

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

if changing the speed didn't help then what you want is a mouse with better/higher dpi.

this link explains everything on how mice work and the effect higher dpi (dots per inch.) has. :- http://www.howtogeek...ter-for-gaming/

:popcorn:

ok just looked at what type of mouse you have and it is a high dpi capable mouse, so if the mouse is not faulty and why you need such big hand movements then i'd suggest going to the manufacturers site :- http://e-3lue.com/int/index.html

and making sure you have the latest drivers and software installed for it, that may solve your problem.

at about the 2.45/3 minute mark this video explains how to change the dpi settings on your mouse.

:-

Edited by terry1966, 07 April 2016 - 05:11 PM.