Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Very Simple HTML experiment, need some help

experiment html

• Please log in to reply

mifloss

mifloss

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi guys,

I am currently working on my master thesis and need some help designing a scenario experiment. It's quite simple really, here is the method diagram: http://scenario.awar....com/method.png

Essentially it's a scenario experiment where the participant is allocated either to scenario A or B, which tells him to imagine he needs to buy a certain product. Then he is taken to a product page where there is a list of products. After he clicks on a certain item, he is then randomly assigned to be exposed one of 4 advertisement morphs. He is brought to a page which i designed to look like facebook's newsfeed page. There, i would like the image of the product he clicked on to appear. After exposure to the advertisement, he is brought to a page which evaluates his feelings/reactions. That page would be survey-style page (perhaps could also link to qualtrics somehow). After submitting, results are collected somewhere with: 
- survey results
- product he clicked on
- type of advertising morph he was exposed to

HERE IS THE METHOD DIAGRAM again: http://scenario.awar....com/method.png

I have designed all the html pages already, do not need help there. I need help with the following:

- morphing the image of the advertisement on the newsfeed to the same image he clicked on in the product list page prior.

- Creating a randomizing algorithm that would randomize visitors to scenario A or B

- How would i embed the information about what advertising morph one was exposed to along with the item he clicked on into a embedded query string and passing it on to Qualtrics?

Thanks alot in advance for any help! Much appreciated!

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts

Have you got permission from Facebook to clone their newsfeed page? I Would suggest you do that first.

mifloss

mifloss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It's not a clone of a facebook page. It's just a simple html of a page which roughly resembles one of a social media network. there are no facebook logos or anything like that

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts
He is brought to a page which i designed to look like facebook's newsfeed page.

You are potentially playing with fire here... without seeking Facebook's permission

The fact that you have not imitated their logo (or anything like that) is not really material.

Regards

paws

mifloss

mifloss

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Appreciate the feedback. Facebook doesn't necessarily have to be the main setting for the experiment, so i will change the appearance of the page to avoid any legal issues. Any tips about possible server side scripts i could use for the transitioning from page to page in the experiment?