Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG (Resolved).

Best Answer realistpnoy , 30 September 2016 - 11:05 PM

So I was able to solve it by installing Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and connecting it to 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz. The Asus RT-AC68U have problems when connecting to 2.4ghz. Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Hi, I have been getting DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG while browsing on chrome intermittently. Also, sometimes I would also get the message dns_probe_finished_no_internet. Thanks.

Edited by realistpnoy, 10 April 2016 - 11:33 PM.

Advertisements

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

It sounds like you might be losing connectivity to your network. 

Do you use a wireless or Ethernet connection to your router?

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

im using a wireless connection to my router

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

When this happens, what is the signal strength of your connection?

Does switching to a wired connection resolve this?

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

I think its solved now after I changed the settings to google DNS. But I just got the error "no internet" on chrome an hour ago. I just restarted my laptop and its ok now...do you think the problem is with the Intel centrino wireless-n 2230? My router and internet is fine since it works on my phone.

Edited by realistpnoy, 16 April 2016 - 03:03 PM.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

Might not necessarily be the hardware. My wifi will go out under Windows only to work just fine in Linux. It can happen for weeks at a time (unless I stop being lazy and reinstall the adapter).

It could be any number of factors. Are you interested in trying to see if we can find the root cause?

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Sure and today I just received an error DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET

Edited by realistpnoy, 18 April 2016 - 03:23 PM.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

That means that the computer was not able to find an active internet connection to contact the DNS servers. How far away are you from the router when you try to connect to the internet?

Does this happen when you get closer?

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

about 29 feet away from the router...Ill try to use it 6 feet away and see what happens

Edit: so I got the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error even when Im 6 feet away from the router... connection is resolved by resetting the wifi adapter

Edited by realistpnoy, 19 April 2016 - 12:36 AM.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

It may be driver related. 

Do you have another device to verify connectivity with?

Do you see any other wireless networks?

Advertisements

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

It probably is driver related since theres a lot of people having the same issues with Intel centrino wireless-n 2230. Yes It detects other wireless networks and my phone and the other 3 laptops does not have any issues with the internet connection.

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
✓  Best Answer

So I was able to solve it by installing Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 and connecting it to 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz. The Asus RT-AC68U have problems when connecting to 2.4ghz.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Glad you got it sorted realistpnoy and thanks for letting us know how so that it may help others  :thumbsup:

RancherLara

RancherLara

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I was having this problem too. I kept getting DNS probe finished bad config or some error like that. I got to know from a forum online that I could clear my browser history and toggle my network connection. It didn't yield immediate effect for me, but in the second time, it did. I guess I hadn't cleared my Chrome history in quite a while. Or maybe my PC is getting slow. I did tried other solution and hopefully it worked : http://errorcodespro...oid-mac-chrome/

josan123

josan123

• Pip
  • 3 posts

The error dns_probe_finished_no_internet is a fault that appears in Chrome browser due to bugs in windows update. Even though we have an internet connection the bug does not allow access to the internet. Follow the step by step Guide : Dns_probe_finished_no_internet