I hope it's ok to post this here, I can't really see another place to put it. I don't have a problem yet, but I keep getting offers for programs to protect me from ransomware. I'm just wondering what the experts on here think- is it something most people need to worry about, and if so, what program is the best to use to protect yourself from it? Thanks so much!
opinions on ransomware prevention programs?
Posted 12 April 2016 - 02:20 AM
- Never, not ever open an email attachment you are not certain about.
- Check attachments before opening
- Forward the email message with the attachment intact to [email protected] (limit is 10 MB)
- Delete the full body of the message text
- Write SCAN in the Subject field of the forwarded message
- Send the email.
VT will scan the attachment with more than 50 virus/malware scanners and email you back with a virus report within a few minutes.
- Install a good Anti-virus, one that scans your email also, if you use an email client such as outlook or Thunderbird. Only install one A/V, as a second will slow your system down and neither will work properly
- Install Ransomware protection software: CryptoPrevent and MalwareBytes Anti-Ransomware - both are free and will work together
- Consider installing MBAM, the paid version is particularly effective and will block rogue websites (some a/v do also)
Change your Browsing habits
- Check urls before you click on them using browser extensions:
Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:52 PM
Thanks for the advice and input. I do already have MBAM installed and I'll get the other two installed as well!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users