Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow computer [Solved]

Sekindo Malware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Idan611

Idan611

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hi,

My computer started running slow.

Each time I open Chrome and trying to access a new URL it stucks  for 2 seconds and then continue to the website.

it's also writing at the left end of the page "waiting for cache" for few seconds (in the past normally i wouldn't even see it cuz it ran pretty fast).

In sometimes it's open a new window, directed by  www.Sekindo URL to a new commercial page.

I ran AVG scan + AdwCleaner + Malwarebytes but it didn't come up with any results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Idan

Advertisements

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Hello Idan611 and welcome to GeeksToGo.

My name is Satchfan and I would be glad to help you with your computer problem.

Please read the following guidelines which will help to make cleaning your machine easier:

• please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear
  • all logs/reports, etc. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In Notepad click Format, uncheck Word wrap if it is checked
  • if you don't understand something, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification before proceeding
  • the fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for this issue on this machine.
  • please reply within 3 days. If you do not reply within this period I will post a reminder but topics with no reply in 4 days will be closed!

IMPORTANT:

Please DO NOT install/uninstall any programs unless asked to.
Please DO NOT run any scans other than those requested

===================================================

Note: Please run these in the order given in the instructions.

Download zoek.exe to your Desktop:

Important: Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware programs, so they do not interfere with the running of Zoek.exe. You can find instructions how to disable your security applications here.

• on Windows Vista, 7/8, right-click Zoek.exe and select: Run as Administrator
  • give it a few seconds to appear
  • copy/paste the entire script inside the codebox below into the input field of Zoek:
    createsrpoint;
    autoclean;
    emptyalltemp;
    ipconfig /flushdns;b

• close any open programs.
  • click the Run script button, and wait. It takes a few minutes to run.
  • when the tool finishes, the zoek-results.log is opened in Notepad: the log can also be found on the systemdrive, normally C:\
  • if a reboot is needed, the log will be opened after the reboot.

Download and run Junkware Removal Tool

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator"
  • the tool will open and start scanning your system
  • please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications
  • on completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open
  • post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • press Scan button
  • it will produce a log called Frst.txt in the same directory the tool is run from
  • please copy and paste log back here.
  • the first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the Frst.txt into your reply.

Logs to include with next post:

zoek-results.log
JRT.txt
Frst.txt
Addition.txt

Thanks

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Hi Idan611

It has been a couple of days since I replied to your request for help with your computer problems.

Please let me know if you are having problems and still need help.

Thanks

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

This topic has been re-opened at the request of the person who started it.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Please follow the instructions from my first post.

Satchfan

Idan611

Idan611

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hi Satchfan,

Please see attached as you requested.

Thanks again,

Idan

Attached Files

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

That’s all looking pretty good but a few things need to be tidied up.

Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below and paste it into Notepad.

URLSearchHook: HKU\S-1-5-21-85820212-1267379632-1251349074-1000 - (No Name) - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - No File
SearchScopes: HKU\.DEFAULT -> DefaultScope {6A1806CD-94D4-4689-BA73-E35EA1EA9990} URL =
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-85820212-1267379632-1251349074-1000 -> DefaultScope {012E1000-F331-11DB-8314-0800200C9A66} URL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-85820212-1267379632-1251349074-1000 -> {012E1000-F331-11DB-8314-0800200C9A66} URL = hxxp://www.google.com/search?q={searchTerms}
FF Extension: No Name - C:\ProgramData\AVG Secure Search\FireFoxExt\18.9.0.230 [not found]
Task: {7E8D0C06-4DA7-4C41-BA4C-0880F0827F09} - \Google Update -> No File <==== ATTENTION
EmptyTemp:

NOTE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

• save the files as fixlist.txt in the same folder as FRST – NOTE: It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work
  • run FRST64 then click Fix just once and wait
  • it will create a log on your desktop, (Fixlog.txt); please post it to your reply.

Can you tell me if the problem has gone. If not, is this only happening in Chrome?

Satchfan

Idan611

Idan611

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Hi,

Attached the fixlog.

Since I'm only using Chrome I have no reference (I'm using Chrome because IE was always too slow for me :) ).

Chrome is still running a bit slow, and also my computer.

Is it possible it has some unwanted processes running in the background making everything slow (including chrome)?

When I run the task manager Chrome is taking a lot of memory (see attached please).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Idan 

Attached Thumbnails

• taskmanager.jpg

Attached Files

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts
Chrome is still running a bit slow

Chrome, (in my opinion and that of others at these forums), is rubbish and we have multiple complaints about how slow it has become: plus, if it is infected the only real way to combat it is to uninstall it. I could go on but once I start about Chrome I don't know when to stop. :)

I would suggest uninstalling it and install Firefox. If you decide to upgrade to Windows 10, the new "IE" is Edge which is excellent.

There don't appear to be any infections left so let me know what you decide.

Satchfan

Idan611

Idan611

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

OK.

i'll try using Firefox and maybe i'll install Win10.

If there are no evidences for infections I guess we are all good.

thank you very much for your help.

Idan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Now that your computer seems to be running well, please follow these simple steps to tidy it up:

Uninstall AdwCleaner

• double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool
  • click on Uninstall
  • confirm with Yes.

Download & run Delfix

• download Delfix from here to remove many of the tools we've used during the cleaning process.
  • ensure “Remove disinfection tools” is checked.

Also place a checkmark next to:

o    Create registry backup
o    Purge system restore

• click the Run button.

You can delete all other logs and programs we’ve used that are on your desktop. Just click on them and press Delete.

P2P - I noticed you have P2P software, (emule), installed on your machine.

We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept but we will warn you that engaging in this activity will always make your computer very susceptible to infection and re-infection.

Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are more often than not, infected. Those who write malware use P2P file-sharing as a major vehicle to spread their wares.

Please see this topic for more information:

P2P File Sharing Risks.

I would strongly recommend that you uninstall it now. You can do so via Control Panel, Programs, and then Programs and Features.

Windows 10

I think it’s a good idea to upgrade and when you do, I’d ditch AVG and stick with Windows Defender which, in Window 10 is an antivirus, (unlike Windows Defender in Windows 7 which is not an antivirus and is next to useless).

I will keep this open for 24 hours in case you have any problems, after which I’ll close the topic.

Safe computing

Satchfan

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Sorry,  this was a  duplicate post.

Satchfan

Satchfan

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 624 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.