Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Click Here To download Link... Not Dropbox

• Please log in to reply

AUSTNTS

AUSTNTS

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi All,

New to Geeks to Go and I'm not super tech savvy.

Often I use Dropbox within my business to share documents.

I'm about to launch a marketing campaign in the next two weeks and I don't know the best way to go about getting the information to our potential customers.

I don't really want to attach documents to my emails but would like something along the following lines but don't know how or where to start.

Capabilities Requirements

1) The ability to upload documents

2) To have a link within an email that the potential client can click on to download the documents e.g.: Click here to download Suppliers documents

3) The ability to track who is looking at the documents (I don't want to have read receipts on my emails as it can be a little confronting)

I'm sure there is something out there I'm just not sure where to look, any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

J

Edited by AUSTNTS, 19 April 2016 - 05:11 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Welcome to Geeks to Go AUSTNTS! :D

1 & 2) You can use Dropbox to host your downloads, and post a hyperlink in your email:

<a href="http://www.dropbox.com/yoururl">click here to download</a>

A better option that looks more professional would be to use FTP to upload your download to a server -- if you own a domain name and hosting account. Especially, if that domain name will be sending the email.

3) To track you'll want to send using a 3rd party email server. A couple of popular ones are Mailchimp and Constant Contact. They will give you reports on the number of emails opened, and links clicked, etc. Without email read receipts.

If you want to share more rich media, and allow better tracking and reporting of client interaction, you can use a cloud service like SkyBlue