OK, I ran startup repair again. I had the boot USB in if that makes any difference. Attached are the pics of the txt file.
Also, I would like to confirm the steps for testdsk:
1. Extract Windows 64-bit (http://www.cgsecurit...k-7.0.win64.zip
) version of the TestDisk archive to a external HDD
2. Go into WinRe and open the Command Prompt
3. change the directory path to the external HDD by typing: Cd /d X:\testdisk-7.0.win\testdisk-7.0
4.Once in the extracted directory, Type testdisk_win.exe, press Enter
If the above is correct, please answer the following:
1. How do I determine what drive letter the external HDD is?
2. I was reading the instructions at the link you sent ("How to Repair a Damaged Partition Table or MBR"
how do I know what partition to choose?
3. Step 8 at geekyprojects is missing a word. It reads "Once it finds click on [Write] and..." Um, once it finds WHAT?
As always a BIG thank you!
P.S. I am running Chkdsk as I post this. I can let you know results when it's done.