Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System.exe taking up 100% CPU

• Please log in to reply

setzergarbani

setzergarbani

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: Alright, I was hoping for my problem to just kinda go away, but the lag is becoming unbearable. I don't know what I did to cause it, but starting a few days ago, my computer has become unbearably slow. I start to shut down running applications, but nothing seems to remedy the problem. Everything takes forever to load!

When I check the taskmanager, everything seems to be OK, no unknown programs seem to be running, but one thing did seem out of place. Up until when the problem started, I have never noticed a System.exe process running. I noticed it this time because it seems to be taking 99% of my CPU power. I tried to shut it down, but nothing happens, and when I end the Process Tree, it puts the computer to Shut down forcibly.

I really do not know how to handle this problem, but since its not causing any terrible physical damange (yet my mind is slowing being ebbed into non-existance) I thought that I could wait to see what anyone else had to say about my problem.

I dont' know what information you all might need to help me out, but feel free to reply and I'll list whatever you need to know.

Thank you in advanced!

Signed,

Frank ;)

Advertisements