Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Stop Network Programs from Running

• Please log in to reply

dmvelasquez

dmvelasquez

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Is there a way to prevent programs that are pushed down on a network to a workstation from running any time they want.

I have a laptop attached to a domain (I have admin priv on the laptop). I am constantly getting programs pushed down - antivirus updates, Intuit Track-It., etc. These run at the most inopportune times. Can I prevent these from running? I was thinking of installing Zone Alarm Pro, but did not know if that would help.

Thanks for your help in advance, this is a great forum.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Look for preferences in the programmes to see if auto update is ticked / applied.

You should avoid stopping the auto update for the anti-virus programme

Zonelabs should give you the option of denying a programmes access to the internet, you can select deny and tick remember this decision to make it permanent

Edited by Keith, 15 June 2005 - 07:03 PM.