Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unusual Audio Troubles

Audio microphone skype

• Please log in to reply

Adam Soch

Adam Soch

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Tech spec.

Notebook: Lenovo B50-80 with 1 audio jack connector

Software: Win 10

Headphones: Sony MDR-EX15LP

Problem:
When I'm using skype, my mate couldn't hear me until I had microphone settings running or Counter Strike GO running. I tried everything, but I didn't recognize the root of the problem.

Problem (writing one more time, differently. I want be sure u understand me :D )

Why my microphone's sound is almost mute on skype ? When I have Counter Strike Go or microphone settings running everything is alright.

It's a mystery for me, please help me. I'm from Slovakia (central Europe, if u don't know where it is (Hossa) :D ), so pardon my English.

Thx very much

Advertisements

Corijoface

Corijoface

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Maybe you have the microphone volume turned down for Skype specifically

AlexSpoettel

AlexSpoettel

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Maybe you turned down the volume of the microphone in skype ?

"Click Tools > Options, and then on the left click Audio settings. Make sure Automatically adjust microphone settings is checked – this lets Skype choose the optimal setting. The best way to improve audio quality is by increasing the contrast between the sound of your voice and all other sounds around you." - Skype Support

I think this might be the root of the problem since it works fine in other applications. Make your you set up everything correctly.