Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What do I need for a dropbox? (kind of)

• Please log in to reply

ZeroKnight709

ZeroKnight709

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok so I got a youtube channel and we are looking for a dropbox like site or service where people (or authorized users) can just drop a video to without having to log into an account and I can upload said file/video on my pc. Right now we are sharing a Gmail account and sending it to google drive but it has massive lack of security and anyone can change the info to that account. 

I am also looking at maybe having people log into a server or something like that and download it directly to the hard drive. ***keep in mind only 5 people max would be doing that for now, but more can come into the mix later so we might need a form of security later on.***

BTW - My name is Hank and I am studying Info Security at strayer University and work 2 jobs and youtube at the same time. 

Advertisements

rainyXP

rainyXP

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

With Dropbox alone you have maybe two options:

• Dropbox File requests. "Invite anyone to upload files to your Dropbox, even if they don’t have an account." Downside is I think you have to request each file. OR
  • Dropbox's share a folder function.

Would any of these work for you?