Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen goes black and fans start to spin rapidly during games?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Shakepepsi

Shakepepsi

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello,
As my title indicates, I am having some troubles with my computer lately.. The problem seems to be, that when I enter games or play for a little while, my computer screen(s) goes black and the fans in my computer starts to spin rapidly. I will have to reboot it manually.  
My system is: 

Processor:                   Intel® Core™ i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Installed memory;        8.00 GB RAM
System type:               64bit- OS    
GPU:                           Nvidia GeForce GTX680
MotherBoard:              ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

I have done a little reasearch, and the top contenders for these type of problems is: PSU, GPU or the Motherboard - i just can't figure out which one it is: My guts tell me it is the PSU. but what do i know.. 

However i did some tests with SpeedFan and CPUID HWMonitor - I was only able to do the test without stressing my system, cause when i entered a game it crashed .. However, there where NO indication of higher temperatures in the measurements. 

I also ran FurMark which Immediately crashed my computer. 

I will attach the test i made. 
Hopefully someone can come up with a solution or at least figure out what the problem is. 

PS: 
I have been gaming on high setting for nearly 2 years now - my motherboard and CPU is only a year old. 
However for 3 weeks ago i bought an ASUS SWIFT ROG moniter with 2560x1440 resolution: 
And the problems started a week ago - another reason why i think the PSU can't handle the power since it is 3-4 years old

Also i am pretty sure the AUXTIN reading are false

Attached Thumbnails

• Speed Fan test normal stress.PNG
  • Test Normal stress.PNG

Edited by Shakepepsi, 03 May 2016 - 04:29 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,771 posts

:welcome:   Shakepepsi,

Please post the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

The problem seems to be, that when I enter games or play for a little while, my computer screen(s) goes black and the fans in my computer starts to spin rapidly.

Does point towards a flaky or overheating PSU but also a remote possibility of a driver issue.