Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 15 3521 won't turn on?

Dell Inspiring 15 3521

• Please log in to reply

DeliciousYUMS

DeliciousYUMS

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3521, I haven't used it in about 2 years. When I tried to turn it on the power led light was on, then it goes off. I thought "maybe it's just dead and needs time to charge," so I waited 4 hours and it does the same thing. I do not get any screen feedback. As soon as I turn it on it turns off. No beep codes or anything. Any Suggestions? I really need help.

Edited by Naathim, 06 May 2016 - 07:58 AM.
Moved the thread to the appropriate subforum

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

A basic trouble shooting step:

1. Switch off the laptop 
  2. Remove the battery
  3. Press power button for 50 sec.
  4. Reseat the battery again and connect your Power adapter
  5. Switch on the laptop

If it not works remove the battery after switch off the laptop and connect the power adapter only and try to switch on the laptop.

Post back for further issues.

DeliciousYUMS

DeliciousYUMS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I tried that and the power light goes on for 3-5 seconds, then shuts off.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   DeliciousYUMS,

If I may add to what has been suggested by Dashing star above;

Disconnect the power cord.

Remove the main power battery.

Press the power on button for 20 or so seconds.

Remove the RAM and again press the power on button for 20 or so seconds, see page 15 here for how to remove the RAM.

Connect the AC adapter cable only and then press the power on button.

Let us know if the behaviour changes and if you get any error beeps with the RAM removed.

DeliciousYUMS

DeliciousYUMS

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
So I did all that again, now I was more observant, and everything turns on, the fan is on, I can hear the inside running, and if still shuts off, before it used to do three sets of 4 beeps and now it doesn't beep, but I might just give up

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
 before it used to do three sets of 4 beeps 

Was this with the RAM in place or removed.

and now it doesn't beep

Again is this with the RAM removed or when you have refitted it.

From your OP;

I do not get any screen feedback.

Have you tried getting into the BIOS by continually tapping the F2 key when you restart the notebook. 

4 beeps normally points towards memory problems with Dell computers, this includes the VRAM which is used for the graphics.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not heard back from you DeliciousYUMS, , do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

Apereira

Apereira

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I too am facing similar issue. When switching on the laptop, i can hear the fan running but it suddenly stops in 2-3 sec and then there is no response from the laptop. I have an Dell inspiron. Tried basic steps of removing battery and stuff but it doesnt work. No beeps. Just the light ( second from the left ) comes on when switching on the laptop and goes off when fan stops running. Can you please tell me how i can fix this?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Be happy to help you Apereira but please start your own thread.

Alex_Jones6

Alex_Jones6

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Dell inspiron 15-3521 not turning on issue: So i have a dell inspiron 15 3521, about a year ago, it started turning on, but wouldn't charge. Then, the battery completely died and it wouldn't turn on. Also, when i plugged the charger in, the light on the charger unit turned on then off. I then proceeded to buy a new battery and charging unit. It turned on perfectly and worked well, but the battery wouldnt charge, and when the battery's charge was all out, it would start up, show the windows loading screen for 30-60 seconds and then mysteriously power off. (Same result with battery+charger in) When i tried turning it on with just the charger in, the front indicator lights would turn on for a few seconds, then turn back off. I tried getting rid of the static built up by pressing the power button down for 30 seconds, but no progress. I know that the outlet is working perfectly, the battery works well, just doesnt have a charge, and has been cleaned. I think the problem is either with the laptop not accepting power (for lack of better words) or the charger not producing enough power. All help is appreciated, and needed... Thank you! :)