Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you explain "restricted" internet sites?

• Please log in to reply

NORTHCOAST

NORTHCOAST

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I am trying to access a Spanish website that has a video on it that I would like to watch. When I click on the website, the little icon right above the system tray on my screen says "restricted" but the website does come up. I can see the link to the video I want to watch. When I click on the link to the video, nothing happens. Can you explain why this particular website would be labeled "restricted"? Is it because it is from Spain? Is there a way to get it out of "restricted" and into my "internet" zone?

Thanks in advance for any help you can lend.

Advertisements

lindab220

lindab220

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
i don't know where you're from or what your internet situation is but it could be because your isp has blocked this site for whatever reason (don't think this is the case though) or it could be someone using the same computer as you has restricted this site. you can try using some annonymous browsing sites, just search on google for them or maybe connecting through a proxy would work. not sure if any of this will work, just suggestions though