Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Corrupt File & Limited or no Connectivity

• Please log in to reply

Alfabeta

Alfabeta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey There....How ya doin???

Bout that time of year to get a virus...of the PC kind....

I have searched a few forums and have been unable to find something that is 100% the same as my problem. I have printed a few and will have a look at my machine tonight with that information, but consider it smart to consult the experts.

It appears to be the WIN32 Strain as indicated in Zone Alarm(whose access I have blocked after the screen shot).....(Pic: Win 32)

I have reformatted and reinstalled windows twice.....and run Norton a couple of times….

Still Got it…

Basically every thing works except the internet.

It gives me the Limited or no connectivity on my internet connection...(pic: PC Error)

And also states I have a corrupt file Which I am not sure how to locate(pic: Corrupt file) and I am unsure how to use ChkDsk Utility....

And every so often when I start the PC it comes up with this message:

"Checking files on System D
The type of file on this sys is FAT.

One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency.
Windows will now check the disk.

Volume Serial # is xxx
Windows is Verifying files and folders
(0% completed...10% etc)"

When it completes the check then this message comes up(it only comes up for a short while, so I could not write it all down.)

Windows replaced bad clusters in file:

\system volume information\_restore B6F7403-3f4e-4225- Etc…..

This screen then flicks to an analysis of the results of the test (only briefly displayed) then the machine boots up…..

Any advice you can give me to begin to break down the problems would be fantastic…..(I miss my downloads!!!)

Attached Thumbnails

• PC_error.JPG
  • Win_32.JPG
  • Corrupt_file.JPG

Advertisements