Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Aircon for server room

• Please log in to reply

ttt123us

ttt123us

• Pip
  • 2 posts
We have built a server room 9 metre square. there are 2 rack cabinets, 1 PBX, 2 servers, 2 UPSs, 12 switches in side.

I have a plan to install 2 aircons Daikin 9000BTU for this room. Everyday I will use remote turn one on, and the other off. During holidays I will ask guarders do this task from outside the door.

Anyone can advise me whether this solution is good?

Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

In our IT server room, we have one aircon in which is running the whole day, We the People in IT did not allow others to enter into the server room as it complicate the issue of distracting the network cables that connecting to the routers/switches as well as unwanted contact with the server(accidently). Also it is necessary to check the aircon that the water from aircon not fall into the server room. Even though the guards are careful it is adviced to not allow others in case of your absence.

Hope it helps.

Rikai

Rikai

• PipPipPip
  • 200 posts

We have two, but one is running at all times. We have temperature and humidity sensors that send out alerts if it falls out of the desired range. The second one is for redundancy, but must be turned on manually (hence the alerts).