Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GSM, Sensors, Command Centre, Monitoring

• Please log in to reply

findingnemo1

findingnemo1

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Dear Members,

Apologies if I am asking this question in the wrong forum, but I really need this to be answered and I will appreciate if you can help me out.

I hope we all know about Home security alarm systems (such as ADT), these systems typically include

PIR motion detection sensors

Magnetic 2 part sensors for doors

Fire/smoke sensors

Key fobs

A central panel

The central panel contains a SIM, to use GSM based communication with pre-set numbers to send notifications in case of break-in or fire /smoke.

I guess this is the elementary stuff for experts here!

Anyway, these companies (like ADT) also maintain a ‘Command centre’ or ‘Control centre’ to provide a 24X7 monitoring service, command centre are used to monitor these thousands of security alarms installed at client’s houses.

I want to setup a command centre for my clients for very similar services. And I need to know what sort of software solution are available to manage/operate such command centre?

The command centre software should be able to monitor these installations using GSM connectivity with central panel installed at client’s home.

It should be able to send a heart beat signal using GSM interface (I guess , that’s the only way, cause land line can be disconnected and power can shut down (so no wifi)) to do the health check for the components installed? (* command centre will communicate with central panel only, but I hope central panel can do a quick check that other sensors are working? Thus a positive response confirming that everything is working or not!, can it be done??)

In case of fire or intrusion, the central panel at client’s home itself will send the messages/call to pre-set numbers, but command centre should also be notified (to take manual action, if needed).

Command centre should be able to monitor (in case of intrusion/fire), that out of 5 pre-set numbers (in a order of priority) who has picked the call and who has not, (so command centre operative can make a manual call!).

I can list down some more requirements but I guess you smart people have got the idea.

Could you please suggest if there are ready made softwares with such capabilities and purpose? Or do I need to get one developed from scratch (I doubt that!), is there any open source software for this purpose?

Advertisements