Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 or mobile phone provider issue?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

shelleywa

shelleywa

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi all. Im trying to determine where the problem lies with an issue I'm having.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Mobile phone wifi hotspot been working fine on laptop Win 10 for months. Now suddenly VERY slow and with timeouts/crashes. Same on both Chrome and Firefox. Internet on phone still running fast & fine.

Have so far tried (on laptop) Antivirus scan, full hard drive clean, full system defrag, manually clearing Web history/cache in browsers. And (on phone) Antivirus scan, full hard drive clean and manually clearing Web history/cache. Nothing works!

At my wit's end with this!! Should I take it to my mobile phone provider to look at? Or to an IT person??

Any ideas please, before I throw it against the wall?!

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello,

Here is the quoted text from MS answers website:

1-go to settings in windows 10
2-click wifi and internet
3-click manage wifi settings
4-click the network or the hotspot you used to connect to internet using windows 7 or 8.
5-click forget to remove it from the wifi list.
6-click to scan wifi.
7-select the same hotspot.

8-enter hotspot security key

Edited by Dashing star, 12 May 2016 - 01:03 AM.

wangliang5

wangliang5

• Pip
  • 7 posts

hi there

i have the same problem with my phone. but my phone is MEIZU.  i checked the question . there are 3 main issues for that . 1. your phone system need to upgrade . when i did that , my phone works well again.  2. the network is not stable .  3. use the Drive Master to scan whether there is something wrong with your WifiSpot