Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GPU noticeably high

• Please log in to reply

SkyXero

SkyXero

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

I have a GTX 970 that is 63 Degrees Celsius on idle, everything else like the CPU (FX-6300) is around 29 Degrees.

Is there something I should check inside my case or do I need to do some configuring on some softwares?

Advertisements

EmishOrc

EmishOrc

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

I have a GTX 970 that is 63 Degrees Celsius on idle, everything else like the CPU (FX-6300) is around 29 Degrees.

Is there something I should check inside my case or do I need to do some configuring on some softwares?

63 degrees is fine for GPU's if it starts to crawl up to 80 degrees then that's when you would start to worry. Have you overclocked your system though?

SkyXero

SkyXero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

I only overclocked my CPU to 3.8 GHZ. If you want a specific model of the GPU it is an EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+

It also has a backplate just to say.

Edited by SkyXero, 11 May 2016 - 12:22 PM.

EmishOrc

EmishOrc

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Sorry for the late reply I had a few things to do. Yes it's possible that GPU's get that hotm but I think that it's an okay temperature at the moment.