Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My website redirects to SEDO parking, but only on our devices!

SEDO parking virus malware network hack Android phone Windows 10

• Please log in to reply

SwepJo

SwepJo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I am far from being a teccy, so am really struggling with this and would appreciate some suggestions!

My own website is redirecting me to a SEDO parking site, by changing my url from www.whitbyholidayhome.com to www.whitbyholidayhome.com/default site .  This was only a problem on my Android phone and hubby's IPhone, but now is effecting my laptop (running Windows 10).  When I ask friends and family to check for me, they get to the correct site, so appears to be specific to our household....which leads me to assume it's some kind of virus or malware.

I have managed on each device to get rid of the problem briefly, by flushing the cache, clearing browsing history and resetting Google Chrome settings.  However, as soon as I reboot the problem is back and the same solution doesn't seem to work again reliably!  I have antivirus software on all devices bar the Iphone and nothing comes up!

I did wonder if it was a network related issue due to it spreading through our device......we are with Sky and I realised I hadn't changed from the default admin login details, so have resolved that this morning!  Not sure if that can be a possible reason, but looking at anything I can do simply with my limited knowledge!!

The domain is hosted via 1and1.co.uk but the website is hosted elsewhere.....as no one except our household has the same problem I doubt it is anything to do with them?  I called 1and1 and they couldn't replicate the problem.  

This is becoming a real problem because I couldn't even access our website CMS this morning!  I've Googled a lot, but nothing as odd as this is coming up.....any solutions assume that it is resolved easily, but as this is back after reboot is seems a more insidious issue!

Your help would be appreciated!

Joanne

Advertisements

SwepJo

SwepJo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

one update, I don't get this problem when logged onto a company VPN....only when just on our normal home network minus vpn

SwepJo

SwepJo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I've  been in contact with my work's IT support and they've done various virus and malware scans and can't find anything wrong.  The suggested I call Sky for support as it seems router related.  I contacted Sky and they found it 'interesting' but couldn't suggest anything other than turning off broadband shield......which I doubt very much it will do anything!!!