Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having two issues with windows 7 & Bluetooth (Resolved).

Best Answer [email protected] , 28 May 2016 - 09:15 PM

I think you are right with the speaker not recognizing the bluetooth from a laptop.  I think we can consider this topic closed.  Thanks for your help. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 8 posts

I recently bought a Dell Latitude E7440.  The computer it self works great... However I am having two major issues.

1. I cant install programs (for instance microsoft office) because every time i try to it says there is no disc burner...  I have tried to fix it over and over again and can't figure it out.

2.  The bluetooth doesn't seem to be working.  It recognizes the device but wont connect.It keeps saying blue tooth peripheral driver not found,

Thanks for you help.  We all appreciate all of the help these forums provide.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

:welcome:   sportscardking33,

All the specs that I can find for your computer say that it does not have an optical drive (DVD RW) example here this will not stop you from installing MS Office though as you can download it, what version do you have and do you already have the product key.

Have the Dell driver auto detect tool scan your computer to see if it suggests a driver update that may resolve the BT problem, DetectDrivers tool here

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

So with a few programs when i go to install it says that disc burner issue.  I would post a screen shot, however i can't seem to figure out how to attach an image to a post....

I ran the delldriverdevice and I try to DL the driver and once it gets to the install theres an error and it won't work... It's trying to install: Serial ATA |Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not heard back from you sportscardking33, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

yes I do!  sorry about that. been busy with work.  thanks for you help

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I ran speccy and here are the results

http://speccy.pirifo...OpLTmBdZqMobOeq

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Only thing that I can see in your Speccy report is that there are multiple Microsoft Office 2013 update failures but that successfully updated on May 12th so that even appears to have sorted itself out.

Can you tell us what issue/s you are actually having now, your OP says disc burner (+MS Office) and bluetooth problems but in reply #3 It's trying to install: Serial ATA |Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console

From Speccy we can see that you are using a virtual and not physical optical drive, the BT device is recognised and that Microsoft Office is installed and updating which on the face of it suggests that your initial problems have been resolved.

Tip

Please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for us to reply to your last post, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page. 

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Well i had office 2013 but it ran out.. so when i try to dl a free trial of anything it does the disc burner thing... as for the blue tooth... it recognizes a device but wont actually work... 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
when i try to dl a free trial of anything it does the disc burner thing.

Sounds more like a security issue, what are you trying to download and from where.

Have you tried disabling MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000 to see if that helps.

For how to grab and attach a screenshot see below;

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

For the BT issue see Bluetooth doesn`t work Dell diagnostic test here

Advertisements

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

My main concern is bluetooth.  I am attaching a screen shot which shows the problem I am having.. The order goes from left to right...  "nyne" is the device i am trying to use.  I go to apply the fix and i get the last message... so then i use the detect drivers on dell and get the message i said earlier.

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.jpg
  • Capture2.JPG

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Do you have a model name or number for the NYNE speaker please, all the ones that can find have no mention of including a drivers disk in the box which suggests that they do not need any installed.

Guide For Pairing and Troubleshooting Bluetooth Devices

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I had this issue with a different speaker i bought and returned it thinking it was the speaker... That one didn't even get recognized by my computer... So I don't think its an issue with the speaker... but the computer.

Nyne Model: BASSBK

Edited by [email protected], 22 May 2016 - 11:48 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Not sure what to suggest tbh as I cannot find anything that even suggests that the speakers are intended to be used with desktop or notebook computers only smartphones and tablets.

Try pairing the speaker with a smartphone, if it connects ok and your paperwork says that the speaker is PC compatible you should open a support ticket with BIG here sorry but other than that I`m stumped on this one, please let us know if you have any luck as this is one that is a learning curve for me.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Have you had any luck with this sportscardking33.

If not, do you have the Dell NFC driver here installed.