Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Half-Life 2 Settings

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been playing Half-Life 2 and its way too slow, so I've been trying to change the video settings to the lowest. Right now, theyre at about medium. Whenever I try to change the video settings to lower, the game crashes. I get an error message that says that the memory cannot be read. Any ideas?

Edited by 1111111111, 15 June 2005 - 08:20 PM.

Advertisements

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
yea i have that same type of problem when i play it or hit apply to change settings and it just quits i have no idea what the problem is but it pisses me off :tazz: ;) ;) ;) i hate it

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
What is the Graphics card you own and I need your specifications on your pc like SPEED , MEMORY and all that so get back :tazz:

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I have 384MB of Ram but getting 2 512's soon and im stuc with a built in video card its a Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller i am also going to buy a nVidiaBFG-GeForce 6200 oC Graphics card is that a good one???o and my pc speed is 2.20GHz

nathen555

nathen555

Geek In Training

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 318 posts
well i have to say that Intel Extrem graphics 82845G is not good on 3D games its best u look into a 256MB card or evn 128MB :tazz:

hvc801

hvc801

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
The ram that you have now is not such a great set up... meaning you probably have one stick of 128mb and one stick of 256 ... you should atleast get rid of the 128 and upgrade to another 256 or 516 stick, this way it leaves more room for more ram. yeah, thats a good video card

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
yea its got 256 mb on it and i have my two 512mb's of ram in the mail so that would solve my problem.one more question how do i install a video card on my computer since its built in coulkd you send me a picture or a description where its is and what it looks like?

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
heh i think you guys have this covered but i can run half-life 2 with a 64mb vid card 256mb ram and a 1.7ghz proccessor so dont know if updgradeing all this stuff is really the problem..unless it is your video card because sometimes/most acutaly the integrated arnt good at all and have almost no memory unless you get a really nice motherborad. But anyway i guess you wanna know wehre your vid card will go. And uhh yeah it realyl bad but itll work. And If you dont figure it out from the diagram basicly just jam it in all the open spots and see which one it fits in.

- Mother board Flat -
| | | | | ___ |
| _____ RAm |
|__________________________________|

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
scratch that diagram it didnt work out when i posted it lol.

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
k well i think i will have to just try and c which port it will fit into lol :tazz: just hope im when im workin on it it doesnt go like this :help: :help: CRACK SNAP CRUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!! :help: ;) ;) lol but anyways do you know if i cant get it i will have to bring it somewhere that installs things.

Edited by VGamr, 26 June 2005 - 08:07 AM.

^tree

^tree

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
well those r usualy not a very good thing to go to because they are always expensive, but youll see on the back of your computer spots where a network
card(unless thats integrated aswell) but there will most likely be open spots for your ram. which you put your ram in obviously then on the oposit side of the case and down a little there should be bigger different open spots where you can put network cards and modems and vid cards and other such devices. and this is wehre ull stick your card. but there might be a thin metal peice covering the back that you should peel out so that you can plug into your new card. ALSO VERY IMPORTANT******** Plug your moniter into the new card. lol i installed a vid card and ended up plugging into my integrated one and it took me about 2 days to figure out what the heck i did wrong lol.**********************
hopefully that helps.

VGamr

VGamr

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
k thnx i am gonna take a look at my computers inside and see if i can find it lol if not my friend will help me.thnx 4 yur help :tazz: