Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

logitech x-530 speaker problems

• Please log in to reply

Darryl

Darryl

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
I ran a sound check using my soundcard software and all speakers are working fine, but when I play mp3's I can only get sound from front right and front left speakers with the sub, back left and back right speakers with the sub, or center speaker with the sub. I have a Sound Blaster Live 24Bit soundcard if it is any help.

Edited by Darryl, 15 June 2005 - 08:39 PM.

Advertisements

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
anyone here?

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
mp3 = stereo file. 2 channels only, so L/R fronts and sub makes perfect sense. unless your running it through some dolby decoder, which can simulate fake surround, but it does weird things to the music.
if your full surround works for games, movies, etc your fine.

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Other sound files aren't working either. I tried a game i had and it plays the same way as mp3's. It used to play mp3's in 5.1 but I had it disconnected for a while yesterday and when I reconnected it I started having problems.

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
:tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
check your settings in sound and audio devices under control panel. make sure its your speakers are selected to 5.1 surround.
does creative have some kind of user interface program for the surround sound settings?

if you disconnected the speakers, make sure they are all hooked back up correctly. sometimes a simple reboot of the pc will sort audio issues out as well.

Darryl

Darryl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

check your settings in sound and audio devices under control panel.  make sure its your speakers are selected to 5.1 surround.
does creative have some kind of user  interface program for the surround sound settings?

if you disconnected the speakers, make sure they are all hooked back up correctly.  sometimes a simple reboot of the pc will sort audio issues out as well.

View Post

Tried the first option, but no luck, was already on 5.1. There is an interface, but nothing I found would show differently to my knowedge that it was set up for anything other than 5.1 surround.

I checked, double check, and even triple checked the connections to no prevail. Everything seemed right, and a installation manual showed the same thing. The reboot also was a dead end. :tazz: