Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network Spy

• Please log in to reply

bfa87

bfa87

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, Sorry in advance if I'm in the wrong place. I feel like my cellular device (android) is being spied on by someone on my home network, and I'm having difficulty trying to figure it out/prove it. I am running two google play applications on my device (LanDroid and Under the Hood) both of which have netstat capability. When running netstat on them while connected to my home network i see that i have active protocol tcp, udp, and raw connections. on the local address for the udp and raw it is shown as :::58 and the foreign address is shown as :::*

also there are two tcp connections that list my ip as the local and then other home devices (Samsung smart tv and Dish Network Joey) on my home network as the foreign, using ports 8080 and 80. I ran a port scan on my device and have done so for a week or so and it seems that port 8230 is always an open port. How can i prove or know that my device is in fact being spied on through my network? Ive been doing research trying to find out what all of this means but I'm not having any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Advertisements