Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE & Firefox problem w/ secure site (Tower Specf.)

• Please log in to reply

jslaughter75

jslaughter75

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a user who had downloaded all kinds of crap - I uninstalled the crap, ran Spy Sweeper, and everything seemed much better for a few days. Today I was told the tower was having issues -

When I looked at it the user was trying to login to Cingular.com and IE immediately hit them with a security certificate error despite the fact that we could get to Cingular from all the other towers without any problems. Then when she tried to login - it opened the "cannot find" page.

I downloaded Firefox thinking the problem would be browser dependent and Firefox said that it could not open the page because the security algorithms didn't match.

(again I can get to the website from the other towers on the network.)

I'm a befuddled!

All wisdom - welcome.
J

Tower is running Xp Pro if that helps/matters.

Advertisements