Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 Upgrade

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

allycat123##

allycat123##

• Pip
  • 1 posts

trying to install windows 10 on my emachine, it hangs at the Welcome to windows 10 prompt and I cannot get back to windows 7. Stuck right now my computer just does not work. Tried a system restore but it appears windows 10 now has control, just trying to get back to windows 7 for now.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

See if this tutorial helps: How to Go Back to the Previous Windows from Windows 10

buddywiser

buddywiser

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

From windows 8, I upgraded to windows 8.1 then 10 since it keeps on popping up and saying upgrade for free. So, I upgraded and after 2 months, the OS crashed and had to bring my laptop to the repair shop. They reformatted and restored to its default OS which is windows 8. I asked why not 10 and they told me that the OS is having several issues. Even their other customers are complaining about it. So for now, I am settled with 8. But to be honest, I find windows 7 much easier but I don't know how to downgrade and Im not even sure if it is possible since the original OS is 8.

Edited by buddywiser, 23 May 2016 - 07:11 PM.